As a holder of CompTIA A+ Certification, you’ll know what a valuable credential these official and globally recognised certifications can be – but that might be only the first step on your journey in the IT industry. If you have an interest in networking and you’re looking for career progression or new opportunities, then this course is ideal preparation for the next step. The CompTIA Network+ course will give you foundation level understanding in how networks are designed, installed and managed, along with troubleshooting issues, security and industry standard protocols. You’ll finish the course well prepared for the exam (N10-006), when you are ready to officially validate your skills.
What Will I Learn?
The CompTIA Network+ course offers learners the chance to gain a comprehensive understanding of network theory, including standards, the OSI model and network types. Throughout the easy to digest lessons you’ll also gain insight into bounded network media, unbounded network media, which includes wireless networking, network devices and VLAN’s, TCP/IP addressing and services, routing, WAN infrastructure and more. This course covers the full range of essential networking topics, so you can also expect to learn about cloud computing, network security, remote networking, network management and troubleshooting.
Why Choose This Course?
This course is designed as an ideal progression for someone who has already completed the CompTIA A+ exams. Completing these modules will prove your prowess across a range of networking fundamentals, and ensure you are ready to tackle the exam which is also available to purchase. Flexible learning and a range of teaching tools, including Live Labs, videos and appendices packed full of content will ensure this is an engaging learning journey.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Complete this course and gain technical knowledge across a range of networking fundamentals, including basic network design, troubleshooting and configuration, and network security.
- Become well versed in network theory, including standards and the OSI model, network types, and data transmission methods.
- Look into bounded network media, including copper and fiber optic, bounded network media installation, and noise control.
- Also get to grips with unbounded network media, which includes lessons on wireless networking, devices, and components, and installing a wireless network.
- Learn about physical network topologies, logical network topologies, and Ethernet networks. Lessons also focus on network devices and VLANS.
- Examine the TCP/IP protocol suite, try creating custom IP addressing schemes, and look at IPv6 address implementation and delivery techniques.
- Become familiar with static routing, and how to implement Dynamic IP routing.
- Look in to various TCP/IP services, including domain naming services, and TCP/IP commands.
- Become familiar with virtualisation, cloud computing and SAN implantation.
- Look at network security basics, including system vulnerabilities, threats and attacks, and encryption methods.
- Increase your knowledge of preventing security breaches, looking at physical and network access controls, how to install and configure firewalls, and intrusion detection and prevention.
- Test your knowledge of incident management and response, and learn basic forensic concepts.
- Get to grips with remote networking, looking at the remote networking architecture, virtual private networking (VPN) and VPN protocols.
- Lessons in network management, including network monitoring, performance optimisations and configuration of management documentation.
- Master a variety of troubleshooting techniques and topics, such as troubleshooting models, utilities and tools, common connection issues, and security issues.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Highly interactive learning, using a range of learning resources to keep you engaged.
- Take pre and post assessment tests to measure what you already know, can improve on, and how you’ve progressed. Make use of learn, test (timed exam conditions) and review test modes.
- View explanations of correct and incorrect answers to help your understanding.
- Highly accessible learning platform to suit a range of needs.
- Benefit from hands-on training and expert content, all available at a time to suit you.
- Ability to revisit and retake tests and challenges included.
- Course content maps closely to exam objectives, so is ideal prep for anyone looking to take the CompTIA Network+ exam.
Units of Study
- Network Theory
- Bounded Network Media
- Unbounded Network Media
- Network Implementations
- TCP/IP Addressing and Data Delivery
- TCP/IP Services
- WAN Infrastructure
- Cloud and Virtualization Technologies
- Network Security Basics
- Preventing Security Breaches
- Responding to Security Incidents
- Remote Networking
- Network Management
- Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Appendix A
- Appendix B
- Appendix C
- Video Tutorials