Explore and master the fundamental techniques of designing, deploying and managing a Cisco-based network with the CCNA & CCNP bundle. Using expert instructor-led training, customised presentations, practice exams and other learning supplements, students will have all the materials they need to master advanced Cisco networking at their own pace.
The CCNA and CCNP bundle will prepare students to sit the exams required for both qualifications – regarded as the gold standard for proving competence in Cisco technologies. By selecting this double package, students have access to the materials for both Cisco qualifications, giving them all the skills they need to build and manage a complete corporate network.
The CCNA and CCNP bundle will be of specific interest to:
- IT engineers and network professionals who need to boost their skill levels to maintain corporate networks for maximum efficiency and reliability.
- Administrators looking to simplify management of their networked resources.
- IT professionals looking for a suitable qualification to prove their computer hardware and networking skills.
- System administrators who need Cisco specialist training that teaches core IT concepts, and how to apply them.
In addition, students will gain the necessary knowledge and skills required to master IP, OSPF, ACLs (Ethernet and Access Control Lists), VLANs, Frame Relay, Serial Line Interface Protocol and EIGRP (Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol. Engineers and administrators can then apply this knowledge to building and supporting robust, scalable network solutions for their employers.
Course delegates will also gain access to the Practice Labs, a dedicated hardware resource allowing them to practice each of the examples shown in the course materials. Students are also free to use the Practice Labs to further their own knowledge, or to model real-world scenarios for troubleshooting without affecting their ”live” business network.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The CCNA & CCNP bundle gives network administrators and engineers access to all the materials they need to both boost their knowledge levels and to prepare for the Cisco CCNA and CCNP exams.
After teaching delegates the fundamentals of IP networking protocols, the CCNA bundle will help delegates:
- Implement Variable Length Subnet Masks (VLSM) to improve IP addressing efficiency.
- Understand the importance of IPv6 and how to implement it within a corporate network and the use of Open Shortest Path First (OPSF) routing
- Implement VLANs and Trunks to route and segment traffic for improved network performance.
- Build a scalable network using NAT and PAT to meet the need of a growing business.
- Configure network switches and routers for SNMP, Syslog, Netflow, OSPF and EIGRP according to specific business needs.
- Troubleshoot IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
- Use Spanning Tree protocol and Etherchannel to add further network functionality.
- Apply Layer 3 redundancy protocols to improve network resilience.
Course focus then shifts to Cisco IP switching, with students learning to:
- Implement VLANs to segment network traffic and improve bandwidth management.
- Use Layer 2 and Layer 3 security extensions to protect corporate systems.
- Configure hardware to support advanced networking services like VoIP and video on a corporate network.
- Design and build high availability network infrastructure using a set of requirements.
The final module then teaches network administrators how to troubleshoot and maintain their Cisco infrastructure:
- Maintaining and monitoring performance using IOS tools.
- Troubleshooting complex, multi-protocol networks.
- Correcting issues identified as part of the troubleshooting process.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
Upon completion of the CCNA and CCNP bundle, network engineers and analysts will have a complete understanding of building and maintaining a Cisco-based network. Students will also be fully prepared to sit both CCNA and CCNP certifications exams. Other benefits include:
- Learning the skills required to properly design, build and manage a Cisco-based network.
- Fully understand the principles of network switching and routing, and the correct implementation of both.
- Extending network protocols to support advanced IP uses including VoIP and video.
- Apply Cisco best practice principles to real-world scenarios.
- A significant advantage in terms of skills and experience over less qualified employees and candidates.
As well as being prepared to sit both CCNA and CCNP qualifications, the new skills and knowledge will also help improve the employment prospects of participants.